We believe leaving a positive, tangible, long-lasting legacy in this world is a beautiful thing. We also believe having more public benches in our city is a beautiful thing.
So…we decided to combine the two into our new Chamblee Legacy Bench Program. Our first four legacy benches have been fully funded and installed thanks to these generous donors. Read more about the honorees and see pictures from our ribbon cutting ceremonies here.
Here’s what they look like:
Sizes and colors can vary. Click here to see the options and all the prices. With engraving, shipping, taxes and installation materials, we estimate each bench will cost about $600.
Engraving will be done by the manufacturer.
Installation will be done by the City of Chamblee.
Here’s how our Legacy Bench program works:
- A person, family, business or organization decides they’d like to have a Chamblee Legacy Bench installed ‘In Honor of or Donated by’ the name of their choosing.
- They contact Keep Chamblee Beautiful (KCB) with the details.
- KCB will then help raise the money by setting up a fundraising campaign, PayPal donation links, etc. ALL money raised will go directly towards the bench and installation costs.
- Each Fall KCB will order all of the benches that have been fully funded at the time of ordering. Exact order dates TBD.
- KCB will work with the legacy donor(s), the Chamblee Parks and Recreational Director and Chamblee’s Recreational Advisory Committee to determine the best location for the new bench.
- The City of Chamblee will complete the actual bench installation.
- A legacy is created. Everyone is happy.
100% of your tax-deductable donation goes directly towards the benches. We have no over-head costs. We even cover the PayPal fees.
If you’d like to donate towards a bench, click the PayPal button. You can also mail a check (made out to Keep Chamblee Beautiful) to our Treasurer, Patti Lankford at 1823 Dyer Circle, Chamblee, GA 30341.